We are fast approaching my favourite time of the year, holiday season! I’m looking forward to taking my two kids (Zak 12yo and Jasmine 8yo) for a one week vacation to a small village called Troncones, Mexico. It is our second time to visit this destination. We are staying at a yoga resort, visiting the dog rescue shelter each day volunteering as dog walkers, horse riding on the beach at sunset most evenings, getting around during the daytime by bike, there is a day of snorkelling to look forward to, a quick stint of fishing, kayaking up a river to meet the ‘Iguana Man’, no cooking at all (yay!), plus the highlight of the temazcal sweat lodge ceremony where we give thanks. As a realtor I clock up approx 2,500ks per month driving around the Campbell River area making my way from one appointment to another, which makes the vacation a welcome change of pace and a welcome change of mode of transport.
For the 12 months ending Nov 30th, 2019:
- Sales are down -12% (441-503)
- Sales dollars down -5% ($226.8M to $216.2M)
- Average price is up +9% ($450,900 to $490,200)
- The majority of sales occurred $450,000-$600,000 (180 sales) compared to $350,000-$450,000 (159 sales)
- 53% of CR buyers are purchasing for retirement (up from 44% in 2014). 19% are first time home buyers (down from 24% in 2014)
- 41% of CR buyers are from the Campbell River area. 43% from Vancouver Island. 23% are from the lower mainland (up from 13% in 2014). Alberta 5% (down from 18% in 2014). 14% other BC. 13% rest of Canada. 2% overseas
Couverdon, the developer of Jubilee Heights, has released Phase 2 residential lots for pre sale. Pricing ranging from $174,900-$179,900. Contact me if you would like a subdivision overview, pricing and lot info.
A huge shout out and thank you to all my clients! During the month of November and December, 54 clients submitted online testimonials and ratings. It is not too late to submit and enter the competition to win a 2 night holiday to Mt Washington Ski Resort. Online reviews and ratings are truly important for myself as a realtor to succeed. There are 3 options outlined below:
To submit a written testimonial:
- Click here to submit your testimonial to RankMyAgent
To submit a rating:
The winner will be drawn December 20th, 2019. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you are considering buying or selling. I look forward to your reply and hearing your plans for the holiday season